I love Auntie Mepher
I had a few intense pangs of longing for the baby, but mostly I just enjoyed myself. I trust Mepher so completely. Of course he was an angel, took a bottle of breast milk like a pro and slept 90% of the time.
II. When we got home, Mepher stayed so that FRK and I could clean out our gutters (I know. We party like freakin' rock stars up in this piece. Which reminds me, I should tell you the Mama Lucy/Whitesnake story someday). Just in time, for we are currently getting hammered by four storm fronts in a row. Buckets of rain, thunder, lighting- the whole shebang.
III. Our sweet boy continues to sleep for 4-5 hours at a stretch at night, ensuring that his mother will not lose her mind (not today at least), and that his father will not flee the country due to the raving sleep-deprived banshee in his midst and set up shop in Thailand.
Bunting has really big hands and feet, and he frequently clenches his hand and holds it up by the side of his head. He looks just like those good luck cats that are often displayed in Asian restaurants. Observe:
Our good luck kitten (look at the size of those mitts)
For comparison:
At my breastfeeding group there is a scale, and our boy is weighing in at a whopping 10 lbs, 13 ozs. He gained almost a pound in a week! I guess I can stop obsessing about my milk supply.
All that growing is exhausting
No comments:
Post a Comment