Tuesday, March 23, 2010

14 weeks: Giggles, Bathtime, Random Cuteness

Baby boy is 14 weeks old! Yikes, where has the time gone?!  He remains a pure joy; we really hit the jackpot with this one, he is so good.  He is a smiley, happy boy, easy to make happy (feed me, pay attention to me, let me sleep). Last night he slept from 8pm to 6am. THANK YOU JESUS. Like his Mama, he is a crankpot when he wakes up, befuddled and red-faced.  We need some time to make peace with the fact that we are awake, dammit.
Smushy post nap face 


With Mepher, post-nap. 


I. Giggles:
We laugh a lot 'round these parts.  When FRK laughs, he is overcome, and he forgets to breathe (which is apparently genetic, because his father laughs the same way).  When I laugh, I guffaw- I can't help it. A few years back Nan was in a musical, and she claims she could hear my guffaw out of an audience of hundreds. I've tried to suppress it, because it can be loud; as is often the case, it just makes the urge to laugh even stronger.  So I just let it flow. 


When Mepher and I are together, we giggle a lot.  Add Bunting to the mix, and it is a non-stop party. 
At Trader Joe's
Even grocery shopping is fun

Bunting has begun to giggle. 
I KNOW. It's just too much.  I have yet to capture it on video, because as soon as he sees the camera he looks at it and stops. Have you ever seen the Warner Bros cartoon about the vaudeville singing frog, who refuses to perform when the audience shows up? 
Bunting has those tendencies, for sure. We refer to it as Phineas Frog Syndrome. (note: the Warner Bros frog is officially named Michigan J. Frog.  But we prefer our version). The original Phineas Frog was our friend Livvy, whom my sister nannied as a baby and toddler. She would chat up a storm, do something or say something incredibly cute, until someone new entered the room, and then she would clam up and remain stone faced, and refuse to do it again.  The moment the person left, she would turn it on again.

Anyway, he laughs. It is devastatingly cute.  The first person to make him giggle was our friend Pilar. Here is documentation of the big event. His expression belies the fact that he and Pilar were having a great time:
Relaxing with Pilar
Move on, nothing to see here

I will persevere, and as God is my witness (apologies to Scarlett O'Hara) I will capture on video this kid laughing.  


II. Bath time:
In the meantime, here's some footage of our waterbaby having a grand old time:


III. Random Cuteness:
Sucking on hands and fingers remains a highly preferred activity. The drool spigot has been turned on, between his fondness for peeing when his diaper is off and the drooling it is rather damp around here.
Would you like to see a chubby baby in a flap hat and a stripey shirt?  Of course you would. 



Oh, you are also interested in brown cords and a rugby shirt?  Funny you should ask! 
rugby shirt + brown cords + baby= OMG

Coming to a theater near you: Eat, Sleep, Play 



No comments:

Post a Comment